Tuesday 29 April 2008

PH1000 - Seventh Entry










I love tattoos and piercings. Although i love tattoos more. I love the feeling of getting ink done, and the beauty that is created through all the pain. Tattooing has been around since ancient times, with mummy's found millions of years ago having slight pigmentation in there skin caused by small dots dug into their lower backs. Now the techniques and skills of the artists are of such good quilaioty that its hard to find one perosn out of many who hasn't got a tattoo.




I like to read up on the history of tattoo's because it really is quite fascinating. Samoan tribes tattoo themselves using sharp pointed sticks and and ink found in nature, they then dip the sticks in the ink and beat it into the skin leaving a permanent mark, this technique is know the world over, as are the symbols thast they tattoo. Every different symbl has a special maeaning to these tribes, and i find that very refreshing. Even now this technique is still been used withy the tribes and even at tattoo conventions all over the world showing how tattoo's were first done.




Most of my friends have tattoo's or are getting tattoos, and i feel very proud of the tattoo's that i have. Not only because of the pain that iahd to go through to get them, but because they'll always be there and i feel that if i didn't have them i just wouldn't be me, my tattoo's symbolize going's on in my life, times when i was upset or down and they lifted my spirits and reminded me that life aint so bad. I'm not even joking about how my tattoos symbolize these things, thats why they are so powerful for people, they can commerate a family member, help a person get over a traumatic experience, or just make a person feel so much better and beautiful.




All in all i just looooove tattoo's!




Pictures -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MaoriChief1784.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tattoo_machine_2_coil.jpg
http://www.lyzyrdgyzyrd.com/images/piercings.jpg
http://www.alejandroherrero.com/public/2007/05/miamiink2.jpg

Bottom Photo - My own.

No comments: